Perfectly Placed Recruitment
Collection Information Statement
(Please read below information and sign at the bottom of the following page)
Perfectly Placed Recruitment collects information about candidates during the registration and ongoing representation of the candidate to our clients. Perfectly Placed Recruitment gives written notice that:
- Perfectly Placed Recruitment does not charge the job seeker a fee for the purpose of finding the job seeker employment
- Perfectly Placed Recruitment does not engage in misleading or deceptive conduct, such as advertising a position that does not exist or knowingly giving misleading information about the nature of a position
- If the job seeker believes that a person has acted inappropriately in the course of providing employment placement services, the job seeker may contact the Department of Fair Trading for information on possible action that may be taken.
We respect our candidates’ privacy and the confidentiality of information provided to us. This statement outlines our policy in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles established in the Privacy Act 1998.
Personal information is any information or opinion (whether true or untrue) about you. It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It may include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or untrue), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placement.
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or opinion about your:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinions;
- membership of a political association;
- religious beliefs or affiliations;
- philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a professional or trade association;
- membership of a trade union;
- sexual preferences or practices;
- criminal record or health information about an individual.
- genetic information that is not health information
Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
Collecting and holding your personal information
It is important that the information you provide is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Therefore, if over time there are adjustments to your information to be made, we recommend you contact your consultant. We will collect and hold personal information from you directly when you apply to us for registration as a candidate. This information includes:
- your full name
- personal address details
- contact phone numbers
- email address
- citizenship or visa information
- driver’s licence
- any existing injury or illness details that would impact on your ability to complete any assignments
- personal resume
We may also collect information when we receive:
- any reference about you
- results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body
- the results of any competency or medical test
- performance feedback (whether positive or negative)
- any complaint, from or about you, in the workplace
- any information about a workplace accident in which you were involved
- any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved
- any additional information about you obtained from others
- financial information, such as bank account details
Your information will be used
Your personal information will be used primarily in your actual or possible work placement. Your personal information may also be used in connection with:
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- our identification of your training needs
- any workplace rehabilitation
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- clients and potential clients of Perfectly Placed Recruitment
- employees of Perfectly Placed Recruitment
- our insurers
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal information
- a Workers Compensation body
- our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our IT contractors and database designers
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
Your personal information will only be disclosed to an overseas recipient when:
- we are conducting a reference provided by you where the referee is located overseas
- the role you are being presented for is located overseas
- the role you are being presented for has a reporting line to a person located overseas
If you do not give us the information we seek
We will not use or disclose your personal information for direct marketing purposes
We will not use or disclose your personal information for direct marketing purposes unless it is reasonably expected that we would use or disclose the information or without your consent. If you wish to no longer receive any form of direct marketing which you may receive from us you can opt out by contacting our Director on 0419-549-119 or email@example.com
You can gain access to your information for correction
If you are able to establish that the personal information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it, to ensure its accuracy. If we are unable to agree that the personal information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place a statement written by you in your file, which claims the particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Subject to some exceptions, which are set out in the Australian Privacy Principles (Principle 12 – Access to personal information, Principle 13 – Correction of personal information), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal information about you that we hold.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact the Privacy Officer in the first instance, whose details are shown below. In some cases we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
Lodging a complaint
Where you wish to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or registered APP Code you can also contact our Director on
0419-549-119 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
When contacting us you have the option of not identifying yourself or of using a pseudonym. This does not apply where we are required or authorised by law to deal with individuals who have identified themselves; or where it is impracticable for us to deal with individuals who have not identified themselves or who have used a pseudonym.
Security and Destruction of your information
We will take reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse, interference and loss; and from unauthorised access modification or disclosure. Your information will be held in both electronic and physical form. Electronic information will be held indefinitely, unless you request to be removed from our database. Physical copies of your personal information will be held for up to 12 months, at which point your file will be destroyed.
If you consent to collection, use and storage of your personal information please complete and sign below:
I, the undersigned, hereby declare that the information supplied by me to Perfectly Placed Recruitment, in support of any registration or application for work with any client of Perfectly Placed Recruitment is, to the best of my knowledge, true, correct and honest.
I, in making this declaration, understand that the provision of false or misleading information, written, verbal or implied, may result in personal legal liability and my registration and/or application being terminated by Perfectly Placed Recruitment or any client of Perfectly Placed Recruitment.
I understand and accept that the provision of false or misleading information may be relied upon by any client of Perfectly Placed Recruitment to terminate my employment following the commencement of employment. Information, in the context of this declaration, includes but is not limited to the following:
- Information contained in any CV or resume
- Information provided in any application for registration for the provision of recruitment services
- Information provided in any application for employment or contracting work with Perfectly Placed Recruitment and/or any client of Perfectly Placed Recruitment
- Verbal information provided during any interview with Perfectly Placed Recruitment or a client of Perfectly Placed Recruitment
- Information provided on any other form relating to the recruitment process
- Any other information provided in relation to the recruitment, employment or contracting process
have read and understood each of the statements in this Collection Statement and voluntarily consent to:
- personal information about me being collected by you as indicated above
- personal information about me being used as indicated above
- personal information about me being disclosed as indicated above