Our client is a family owned retail/wholeslae business specialising in leather goods. As a newly created role, our client is looking for an experienced Senior Operations Manager to oversee all of the organization’s ongoing operations, growth plans and procedures. You will be responsible for the efficiency of business. The ideal candidate will ensure the buisness is operating effectively and efficiently to achieve the company strategic goals.
This is a hands-on, sleeves rolled-up role. You must have significant experience in importing, warehouse management, inventory control, distribution and be comfortable working in a
private family-owned company. At present the company has approximately 25 staff members.
The role is a key member of the Senior Management Team, reporting only to the Managing Director (MD). You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations,.
The expectations are that you will be an experienced and efficient leader with excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics.
As the ideal candidate you are known as an excellent leader of people. Your teams are always absolutely clear on the objectives to be achieved as well as your expectations. As a result,
you have a proven track record of attracting great people and building and developing them into high erforming teams.
Key reports include:
- Warehouse Manager
Supply Chain Manager
Collaborate with HR
Collaborate with Finance
Collaborate with Sales
Primary Objectives :
- Hand-on management of the operational aspects of the business, These would include Warehouse, IT, Supply Chain, Logistics.
- Responsible for importing, warehouse management, inventory control, distribution
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Deliver actionable and measurable goals for company execution
- Drive the operating capabilities to surpass customer satisfaction and retention
- Control operational company costs
To be successful in this role :
You will have:
- Proven experience as Operations Manager or relevant role
- Significant experience in importing, warehouse management, inventory control, distribution
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, finance, marketing etc.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
If the above role sounds like a good fit for you , we want to hear from YOU!
Please apply now