About the company:
Our client proudly have over 500 stores, 15 brands + 20 online platforms Housing an extensive collection of iconic global brands, based in Richmond.
About the role:
Our clint has a newly created role available for a Retail Property Accountant to join the Property team. Reporting to the Commercial Leasing Manager you will be largely responsible for the occupancy expense for the business. You will be accountable for the accurate recording of all information to ensure terms and conditions are accounted for correctly for the life of all Retail leases within the Group.
Your key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Reviewing and approving rental payments to Landlords
- Assist in the preparation of the Finance Forecast for all existing and planned stores each year
- Uploading and reporting sales to Landlords each month
- Prepare rental accruals each month end for all businesses
- Management of capped rental and percentage rents as per leasing agreements
- Accurate recording, accruing and payment of all rental Abatements.
- Review Monthly Occupancy Balance sheet recs from Finance
- Preparing Quarterly and Annual certified sales certificates
- Manage fit out contribution invoices and chase payments from Landlords
- Review all fixed assets entries in GL for approval to upload into Fixed Asset register
- Maintain and update CAPEX reporting by updating actuals and forecasts in costing sheets
- Prepare weekly and monthly sales reports for management
To succeed in this role, you will need to have:
- At least 2 years’ experience as an accountant in a similar role (retail environment would be advantageous)
- Relevant tertiary qualification – Accounting
- Strong understanding of core accounting practices and the delivery of month end and related reporting
- Strong data interrogation skills, and ability to turn data into information
- Working knowledge of the following systems would be advantageous but not essential: Lease Eagle,
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain high level of attention to detail & accuracy
- The ability to multitask, organise and prioritise
- Advanced Excel knowledge and experience with excel reporting
- Strong self-starter to work autonomously & able to meet tight deadlines
- Affiliation with the business Core values and a “Make it Happen” attitude
Our client is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity and inclusion. If you believe you have the skills above please feel free to APPLY NOW.