Our client is a mens’ fashion brand located in Waterloo, with 100+ retail stores across Australia, NZ, with continued growth planned . Our client is looking for a production coordinator to join their super dynamic team.
Your role will be to ensure product ranges are delivered on time, and in line with the quality and margin requirements of the brand and product team. This role covers all aspects of the product development and manufacturing process (briefs, fits, approvals, cost price negotiations, deliveries) for individual product categories as well as the wider brand.
▪ Proactive management of production critical paths ensuring on time delivery and accuracy at all times.
▪ Cost price negotiation, meeting/exceeding first margin requirements of category and brand.
▪ Manage the product development & production process of individual categories from end to end.
▪ Identify delivery exceptions to the Product Developer/Production & Sourcing Manager offering solutions.
▪ Manage supplier performance, and secure improvements in price/quality/delivery/development times.
▪ Improve lead times
▪ Manage new supplier onboarding
▪ Oversee transportation of stock from factory to warehouse through to GRN
▪ Monitor customer returns
▪ Live and breathe the RAG cultural statements and core values
Skills to be successful in this role:
- Head office retail or logistics background
- Experience of working in a fast paced trend focused environment
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to manage work flow according to priorities
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- Strong communicator
- Positive, proactive approach to retailing
- Flexible and can easily adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work autonomously and exercise discretion
- Ability to work to deadlines
Skill competancies required:
▪ Is full of energy and motivation to get the job done
▪ Clear on short term objectives
▪ Takes accountability for performance and outcomes
Planning and organising
▪ Takes a planned and ordered approach to getting things done
▪ Ability to prioritise, multi-task and deliver within deadlines
▪ Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
▪ Strong attention to detail
▪ Understands and has strong experience in the product development process
▪ Strong fabric & fit knowledge
▪ Strong negotiation skills
▪ Builds effective relationship with suppliers finding the balance between cost, quality and on time delivery
Strong Team player
▪ Effective working relationship with Product Developers and Suppliers
▪ Effective interpersonal and communication skills including ability to work across all levels of the business
▪ Good team player and ability to work within the broader team
▪ Delegates well
▪ Understands how the business works
▪ Ability to set up new ways of working and processes in a simple and efficient way
▪ Strong computer literacy across relevant platforms
▪ Ability to meet new challenges with an open mind
▪ Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
▪ Flexible to change, professional and positive
If the above role sounds like you and you have the skillset and capabilities, and love menswear fashion, we want to hear from YOU…