Our Client is one of the largest providers of outdoor learning in Australia with their goal to improve its overall performance and growth through stronger business foundations and people management. In the role as Head of Finance you will lead activities to establish fit for purpose and contemporary people as well as business practices.
Our Client is a non-profit, independent organisation which is one of the largest providers of outdoor education programs for school students in Australia.
As a member of the Department Heads Team and as a direct report to the Executive Director of Finance and Resources, you are responsible for:
- The performance, reputation and growth of company.
- Working collaboratively with your Heads Team to set business direction and targets, as well as manage day to day activities.
- Driving and leading passion for the benefits of outdoor education regarding the development of young Australians.
- Being an Ambassador for the company values of respect and taking responsibility for self, others and the natural world.
As the Head of Finance, your responsibilities include:
- Developing, implementing and sustaining the finance strategy that supports the achievement of the company’s overall strategy.
- Develop Financial Systems to improve financial efficiency and productivity that fully integrate with future ERP systems.
- Produce and develop key management reporting tools and roll them out for use across the business.
- Manage the forecasting and budgetary control process across the business.
- Assist the Company Secretary, a Company limited by Guarantee with a volunteer Board, in matters of compliance and reporting.
- Operate a large Not for Profit Business ensuring strong financial and commercial management balanced by a constitution.
- Manage and develop means of funding the provision whilst recognising the limitations of no shareholder base and no consistent support from government.
- Coordinate donor funds, grants and incentive schemes which will assist in the provisions. This will involve building an information network capable of locating opportunities for funding and then complying with the requirements for obtaining such funds along with ensuring the necessary compliance procedures are undertaken.
- Preserve the position of minimal tax liabilities. To remain free of corporation tax and to minimise other tax liabilities.
- Manage reporting in a timely and sensitive manner to the necessary external bodies such as ASIC, ACNC (Charities Commission), ATO. Banks, State Governments and Industry bodies.
- Ensure insurance cover is arranged to minimise exposure to unforeseen events such as weather, criminal damage, inadvertent negligence, staff error or competency, third party liability and internal or external injury. A balance to be struck between risk and cost benefit. To then coordinate inevitable claims and adjust risk accordingly.
- Work within agreed budgets for your department as well as ensuring proposed solutions are affordable and fall within overall budgetary guidelines.
- Manage and delegate responsibilities appropriately to ensure a sustainable and attainable workflow for this position and that of subordinates.
- Ensure safe work practises are considered when making changes to fixed or equipment assets.
- Work in partnership with colleagues to ensure a smooth process for the introduction of new products and customers.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- A passion for outdoor education and the benefit it brings to the building of social capital in young Australians.
- Qualifications and experience in Business and the ability to understand financial systems and processes, to inform your decision making.
- A recognised accounting qualification with relevant business experience.
- Practical experience in managing operational activities across a multi-site organisation with multi storage facilities.
- A proven ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally to deliver the best possible business outcomes for the organisation.
- The ability to look at the day to day challenges of individual teams and develop solutions that align and improve delivery for the entire organisation, while controlling the cost base.
- An experienced and effective people leader and team player.
If this is the role that you have been looking for please APPLY NOW or send your resume in a Word Format.
(Job reference no. 2296- please include in all direct emails)