Our client is a retail/wholesaler and ecommerce distributor of licensed sporting goods.
Specializing in licensed and branded merchandise, they are now looking to recruit an experienced Head buyer to join their fast growing team.
Reporting to the General Manager with 2 direct reports.
The Head Buyer focus will be to oversee and manage all buying and product requirements for the company and clients/new customer Sports Australasia business. In key periods through the year you will be required to view brand ranges, review each range and execute an order to the set budgets. In addition, your role requires a high level of sell through and data analysis across both businesses to ensure we remain focused on what the consumer is attracted to.
The Head Buyer duties include, though not limited to;
- Key brand supplier strategy building and distribution positioning
- Product sell through and analysis
- Brand range building and purchasing
- Sales initiative building relating to product
- OTB and inventory management
To be considered for this role you will have:
- 3+ years Branded buying experience
- A passion for sports
- results driven
- Demonstrated previous experience in a branded retail/wholesale buying role ideally with sports apparel/footwear
• A passion for driving sales and achieving profit margins
• The ability to manage and maintain multiple supplier relationships
• Proficient in Excel – analysing data and managing reports
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to communicate with various stakeholders at all levels
• Ability to create, plan, monitor and execute multiple reports
• High sense of urgency with the ability to work autonomously and part of a team
• Excellent time management and organisation skills to manage multiple priorities
• Ability to problem solve and take initiative
If this role sounds like the right role for you and you have the above skillset and capabilities, we want to hear from YOU!!
Please apply now