ABOUT THE COMPANY :
Our client has over 20 years of experience in the retail industry, Their mission is to provide their customers with the best range of the highest quality womens fashion.
The Financial Controller is responsible for effective management of all financial matters in relation to cashflow management, financial performance measurement and reporting, business expenditure, and compliance with business policies and procedures.
To ensure statutory accounts and legislative obligations are met within required timeframes.
The role requires a hands-on approach and must provide strong leadership, support and develop the team to ensure department goals and timelines are met.
Statutory Accounts and Obligations
• Timely completion of Statutory Accounts and Business Activity Statements
• Liaise and assist bsuiness partners on completion of all year-end processing information requests and queries, review of tax returns and financial reports
• Support the business by providing expert support and guidance on statutory compliance and tax matters
• Provide support to directors and management on all technical matters
• Ongoing review of internal processes to ensure compliance with obligations
- Monthly general ledger account reconciliations/assisting with month end process
- Management Accounts
- Treasury and Cashflow Management
- Variance, trend and data analysis
- Identification and implementation of business process improvements
- Budget and forecast preparation
- Financial reporting and tax compliance
- Statutory reporting and audit
- Knowledge of financial regulations and tax compliance requirements
- Finance & Payroll support
- Other ad hoc duties to support the team
• Ownership of the GL module of Apparel 21 including maintaining cost centres and charts of accounts
• Oversight of stock costing controls, in particular with regard to import costing for each season
• Ownership of ADP Payline payroll and Deputy time and attendance systems
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in accounting or commerce essential
• CA or CPA qualified
• At least 3 years’ experience in public accounting, plus 1-2 years in industry
• Retail industry accounting experience essential
• Strong commercial acumen
• Influencing and relationship building
• Strong attention to detail and ability to see the bigger picture
• Effectively manages challenging workload
• Cost management / reduction
• Experience with Apparel 21, Retail Score and ADP preferred
If you have the above skill set, and have a passion for finance and the retail industry, WE WANT YOU.