The Opportunity- The Company
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Branded Buyer to join our client at their Head Office in Heidelberg West, Melbourne.
You’ll enjoy a working week that is diverse, with a broad scope of work that will keep you challenged and excited. As an integral part of the team, you’ll play a critical role in shaping the future of the company’s Brand as it continues to grow rapidly. You will be consumer focused and financially sound to build the relevant product plans to meet the business targets and company vision. You will demonstrate integrity and respect in all business liaisons, building and leveraging key relationships within the company Stores and with external stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Work with Creative Director and CFO on full year financial and strategic product planning
• Review brands on regular cycle to ensure financial targets are met and risks highlighted
• Conduct regular trend research and monitor brand health to ensure relevance for the consumer
• Build seasonal introduction, training & VM directive to deliver to retail team
• Develop a range selection and product grading in line with business and consumer needs:
• Identify sales trends highlighting best and worst performers and areas of opportunity
• Ensure assortment depth and size curves are relevant and in line with sales trends
• Analysis of category performance, direct competitor, customer and store feedback and trends to build deep understanding of the customer and the business
• Liaise with Brand Partners and Marketing to ensure successful launches and campaign executions, delivering strong return
• Work with CFO to review performance and forecast by brand, manage inventory and OTB in line with business targets
• Work with Marketing & Retail Teams to ensure key items are promoted and featured in campaigns
• Work with Warehouse and Logistics team to ensure smooth flow of products from Warehouse to Stores
• Liaise with Retail Team to ensure you are in touch with issues on the ground regarding assigned brands.
To be successful in this role …
• Demonstrated previous experience in a branded retail buying role ideally with retail apparel
• A passion for driving sales and achieving profit margins
• The ability to manage and maintain multiple supplier relationships
• Proficient in Excel – analysing data and managing reports
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to communicate with various stakeholders at all levels
• Ability to create, plan, monitor and execute multiple reports
• High sense of urgency with the ability to work autonomously and part of a team
• Excellent time management and organisation skills to manage multiple priorities
• Ability to problem solve and take initiative
If you enjoy a fast paced, family orientated business, and you have the above skillset, we want you!
Please apply now!!